The Investment Association (IA) has unveiled at its launch event held on Tuesday evening the first cohort of FinTech firms which will be joining Velocity, the IA’s specialist FinTech accelerator for the asset management industry.
The following five leading FinTech firms have been selected due to their innovative solutions which aim to enhance customer experience and increase business efficiency across all aspects of an asset manager’s operations. These firms encompass the spectrum of technologies from AI and machine learning to blockchain, and big data and behavioural analytics, to provide solutions targeted to the needs of the asset management industry:
- 9Fin is an AI powered financial data platform for the bond market. By making information easy to search, filter, and analyse they help fixed income professionals save time & make better investment decisions.
- Essentia Analytics harnesses behavioural data analytics with human consulting to help fund managers measurably improve investment decision-making.
- Hivemind provides software to help companies build, clean and enrich data sets. They specialise in creating valuable data assets from diverse unstructured or even unrecorded sources, helping companies transform their data and research capabilities.
- ResonanceX uses automation, market expertise and smart-contracts to provide an interactive platform for structured investments trading, with the capability to extend to mainstream assets such as ETFs and mutual funds. The company is authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority.
- Util uses big data and machine learning to quantify the holistic value a company creates, across stakeholders and Sustainable Development Goals, to support responsible investors in their investment decisions.
Velocity officially launched on Tuesday evening (9th October) at Schroders’ offices and was attended by senior executives from the asset management industry and FinTech innovators. The event concluded with a keynote speech from John Glen MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury.
Chris Cummings, Chief Executive of the Investment Association comments:
“The launch of Velocity has been a great success. Over 30 outstanding FinTech companies applied to join the first cohort and, after much scrutiny, and exciting debate, we are delighted to announce the successful firms.
The IA has established itself as the natural meeting point between the most innovative FinTech companies and leading asset managers who are restless in pursuing cutting-edge approaches that offer better products and services to clients.
Congratulations to 9Fin, Essentia Analytics, Hivemind, ResonanceX and Util who triumphed over stiff competition to secure a place in the first Velocity cohort.”
John Glen MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury said:
“The UK is a world leader in asset management, and by harnessing the power of fintech, we can ensure that it continues to go from strength to strength. I’m sure this first group of innovative firms to benefit from Velocity will help to take the industry even further in the future.”
During the six month accelerator programme, which will conclude in spring 2019, the first cohort of firms will benefit from unparalleled access to the IA and its industry expertise, as well as gaining valuable exposure to industry networks and potential clients. Participants will also benefit from access to a bespoke co-working space and mentoring from the expert Velocity Advisory Panel, which will help firms to unlock their potential and implement solutions throughout the sector. Applications for the second cohort will open on January 1st 2019.
For further information, please contact:
Anisha Patel, Head of Communications: Anisha.Patel@theia.org
T +44 (0)20 7269 4635
Helen Ayres, Media Relations Manager: Helen.Ayres@theia.org
T +44 (0)20 7269 4620; M +44 (0)7508 724 066
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK asset management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses.
- Our 250 members manage £7.7 trillion of assets and employ around 100,000 people across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- o Build people’s resilience to financial adversityo Help people achieve their financial aspirations;
- o Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older;
- o Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages 35% of all assets managed in Europe.