IA Velocity Limited
A company limited by guarantee
Registered Office: Camomile Court, 23 Camomile Street, London EC3A 7LL
Registered: in England and Wales.
Registration Number: 11258384
What are cookies and how do they work?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are downloaded to a user’s computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognise you and can then tailor what you see on the screen. A cookie often includes a randomly generated number which is stored on your device and many cookies are automatically deleted after you finish using the website. They make using websites much smoother and affect lots of the useful features of websites.
Cookies on our website are used for the following purposes:
- To keep you logged in during your visit otherwise you might have to log in on each and every page you go to
- To make sure it is possible to navigate through the website smoothly
- To analyse the use of our website through Analytics software such as Google Analytics
- Strictly necessary/ Essential cookies
These are essential in order for you to move around a website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. ‘Strictly necessary’ cookies are not used to gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remember where you have been on the internet.
We use essential cookies:
- To keep you logged in during your visit, without cookies you might have to log in on each and every page you go to.
- To make it possible to navigate through the website smoothly and these are automatically deleted after you close your web browser.
- Performance/ Analytics cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website. These cookies do not collect information that can identify a user of the site. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve the performance of the site. They only record activity on the site you are on and they are only used to improve how a website works.
For example they keep track of what pages and links are popular and which ones don’t get used so much to help keep sites relevant and up to date. They are also very useful in identifying trends of how people navigate (find their way through) websites and if they get ‘error messages’ from web pages.
Velocity does not use:
- Functionality cookies – These cookies allow a website to remember the choices you make, such as your username or your location in order to provide enhanced and personalised features. For example a news website may store your location to provide you with the most up to date local news.
- Targeting and Advertising cookies – These cookies are used for websites to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
The cookies used by the Velocity do not contain any of your personal information such as your name, address, email address, or any other contact details and we can’t use them to find out who you are.
The cookies this website uses are:
|_utma||The Visitor Identifier||2 years|
|_utmb||30 Minute session identifier||30 mins|
|_utmc||On Exit session identifier||On exit|
|_utmz||Visitor segmentation||6 months|
|Strictly necessary||PHPSESSID||This cookie allows you navigate around the website smoothly and use essential features like secure areas, shopping baskets and online billing. These cookies don’t gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.||On exit|
How do I disable cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
Full instructions for all browsers can be found at: http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx?page=1
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Links to other websites
If you wish to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org